SenesAral

What are you reading right now?

35 posts in this topic

@Prague: Hm? :angel_sm017:

My studies when I'm actually doing them and focused tend to go pretty well. It's when life starts getting in the way and I have to slack that I start having issues. Also it can be difficult to learn some things on your own. I wouldn't mind finding a teacher/mentor some day, or at least another shaman/shaman-in-training to partner with and exchange notes and tips and stuff with.

~Rhannan

It makes me smile to think we're proving to be such an inspiration.

I felt the need for a castle of my own a few years ago, so I think I understand some of how Will is feeling. :smile:

I'm reading Bitter Blood by Rachel Caine. Book thirteen in the Morganville Vampires series.

Wading through "The Fire Within" by Carlos Castaneda number umpteenth in "The Teachings of Don Juan" series

I say wading because I don't entirely agree with the methods used to raise awareness but the belief system and Seers workings are very interesting and, with a large chunk of translation, seem harmonious with my own.

Zygo :flame:

Finishing up Beowulf, and sometime going to read the Screwtape Letters for fun.

A book collection of two short stories/essays, The Doors of Perception and Heaven and Hell, by Aldous Huxley. The man is remarkable, for both his ideas and writing...

- Prague

I have read all of those Dem, (at least all of the ones she has published so far) they get a little unusual as you go farther along.

The vampire and other creature types are very well written, often with a fascinating take on the private lives of some of these creatures that I would never have thought of in a million years, yet none of it seems completely off the wall or impossible knowing some of what I know and having experienced some of the things I have experienced.

However the sex does get a little extreme, and in some cases I mean extremely silly.

I'd be interested to hear what you think of some of the later ones.

Hmm, made it to book 12 before I stopped.

You weren't kidding about the sex were you? I couldn't get past how absurd it was to concentrate on the plot of the rest of the books. I think if I'd been Anita I'd have bumped off most of the cast by book 12. Once I realised I was rooting for the bad guys I figured it was time to stop reading and find a different book to spend my spare time on.

So now I am half way through The Dead House by Anne Cassidy.

So far it's pretty good. :smile:

I left off on The Subtle Knife from Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials series. It got very existentially depressing after the first book. :( I'd like to pick it up again, because the story is a good one, but it's still very heavy.

Currently, I'm reading The Practical Psychic Self-Defense Handbook by Robert Bruce. This is the first of its kind I've read, so I don't have an deep opinion on it. It has interesting ideas, some things that I'm familiar with from my own experience and the memory of others who've shared the body, and what he writes does make sense. It does feel like he's playing off a lot of negative influences as paranormal phenomena, to the point where it may seem like he isn't considering any bad habits or types of negativity to be a person's own, but I don't have anything to say past that. It can be paranoia-inducing to people who are sensitive to the idea of their actions being directly influenced or controlled by something else.

- Alethos

I just realised I haven't read a book for far too long, so I am determined to make this year the year I rediscover my love of books.

I decided to start with my favourite memory books from my childhood, so I opened the first of my newly downloaded copies of the Famous Five books by Enid Blyton.. 

Anyone who wants me will find me curled up by the fire in the Library.. All donations of hot chocolate and cookies would be happily accepted. :CookieNom: 

This is really for my class in advanced Engish, but I am currently reading Hominids by Robert J. Sawyer and it is fascinating. Think CERN mixed with a What if? idea and neanderthals vs modern humans. 

It starts with an accident deep inside two mountains where scientists are experimenting with neutrinos and then suddenly something unexpected happens; a rift in the fabrics of the universe happens and two dimensions overlap each other for a brief moment in time. In one dimension the Neanderthal came out as the evolutionary victors, in the other dimension is what the Cro Magon who carried out the be the only human race left on Earth, suddenly the two meet and well, the differences and similarity between the two together with an insight into modern Neanderthal culture makes it a really good read and I am not even halfway through the book yet.

However, I have not even had time to read volume 3 of The Complete Elfquest that I bought months ago and when I am to busy to even read my all-time favorite comic series then I know that I am studying/working too hard :/

Currently reading The Outsiders. As some of you might know, I am a rocker...I love my metal, punk rock, and goth to death. But sometimes it is good to go all the way back to the roots. And had I been a teen in 1966, then needless to say...I would have been a greaser chick :cool-smiley-006: