Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Simara

Hellboy 2-Prince Nuada

5 posts in this topic

I normally go to bed early, but last night was an exception. I stayed up hours after my normal bedtime..which is around 7pm-8pm (as I said I rise and shine very early) and I have not regretted it one bit.

What can I say, Prince Nuada is my new silver screen crush!!!! *big grin* He is devilishly handsome in a fierce, fantastic at martial art, stands up for what he believes in and is an Elf...it cannot possibly get any better!!! :D

Hellboy on the other hand, I had an urge all through the movie to smack him across the face...it was like "Look love, humans hate you, stop standing up for them and for f**ks sake..stop obeying them!!!!" In fact, I wish he had died in the end, just to shut him up!

But now that we have got clear who is hot and who is a total pain-in-the-backside in Hellboy 2 then let´s get to the bit about the movie. It was good but left me with a lot of emotions...lusty being one for them thanks to Prince Nuada ;D But also angry. The movie portraits humanity at it´s worse...the puppet Hellboy is on a mission to save humanity from an "evil" Elven prince who just want´s to save what ever forest lands there are left, save his own people and other similiar to him like Goblins. However telling humans to play nicely is not his plans and well, that plan never works anyway. He has a weapon on his hands called "The Golden Army"...which could really set the ball going. However his father, kind hearted yet annoyingly naive twin sister and the whole lick-the-human-arse team which Hellboy is a member off does not want this to happen, because humans might get killed...aaawwww *rolls eyes* And this is despite the fact that humans are treating Hellboy and his team like rubbish!!! Prince Nuada´s sister, Nuala ends the movie in quiet a surprising yet annoying manner!

The movie leaves you wanting to smack the nearest human in the face, grab Nuala by shoulders and shake her back to reality and well, if you are a hot blooded female Elf...do naughty things with Prince Nuada ;D

And here he is...enjoy ladies :)

I think what they are fighting for is the Loss of life not just the loss of Human life. creating war with humans even with the golden army will cause death and destruction of both human and mythical creatures. it is this that hellboy and his team are fighting to prevent. at least this how i see it. I think that a better approach would have been to choose a Forrest make it home, let the humans know that this is your home and defend that

Nice thought. But for about five minutes ago I signed a petition to save yet another Amazone forest tribe from having their home and lives destroyed by some oil company and here the other day on FB I read a post about some other Amazone tribe who lost their battle to a multi international corporation...there followed a picture with the post...a fully grown Native American man breaking down in tears!!!!! It seems a bit silly to discuss a fantasy movie in this manner...but the whole lovey dubey attitude and the thought that humans in general today care about nature and those who are different...is nothing more than a rosey tinted desillusion.

but the whole lovey dubey attitude and the thought that humans in general today care about nature and those who are different...is nothing more than a rosey tinted desillusion.

I agree with you on that point

I think that a better approach would have been to choose a Forrest make it home, let the humans know that this is your home and defend that

Yes... because if it's one thing humans are known for, its to let folks be, especially when they may have resources to exploit..... and please note sarcasm, though it doesn't translate through the aether of the web all that well....

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0