SenesAral

Vampire energy questions

13 posts in this topic

I have lots of questions on lots of topics and I thought I'd start with this one.

I've read on other forums that vampires are otherkin with an energy deficiency of some kind.

I'd like to know if anyone knows what causes the deficiency, and are all otherkin with an energy deficiency vampires and are all vampires otherkin with an energy deficiency?

I only know a little about vampires, pretty much from the few that I have met and the one that I dated. I don't think that all have an energy deficiency, some just like to feed on others. I have met a couple who really just had a lack of energy, not necessarily sure why. Sometimes it's just a hole in the energy field and they continually leak it, others....who knows. The one I dated I'm not really sure what his issue was but he did have a bit of the stereotypical allure that people tend to associate with vampires. I was intrigued and taken by him, I didn't understand why but I was drawn to him and he fed from me more than I realized, especially once I moved in with him. I lost my job, got stressed out more easily, and was more tired than usual. I ended up leaving him and moving back in with my parents and started feeling better pretty quickly. I am not saying to stay away from vampires, just to be wary. I met one in NC at a pagan group meeting I went to (was only able to make it to one) and I immediately pegged him for a vampire. I didn't feel drained when with him which told me that he was able to control his intake of energy, but it was just something in his aura that gave him away and he had a slightly sick look/feel to him, like he had trouble holding onto his energy. But he was a good guy and I enjoyed the couple of times I was able to hang out with him.

There are different kinds of energy deficiencies, in my experience. There are spiritual deficiencies, and then physical ones. I tend to have a physical problem with energy, but spiritually I tend to have quite a bit. I don't think everyone with a deficiency is a vampire, and I know not all vampires have deficiencies, as I stated in the start of my post that some people really just like to feed off of others.

~Rhannan

The bits I know about vampires agree with what Rhannan has already put.

Not all vampires have an energy deficiency and not all otherkin with an energy deficiency are vampires, in fact many vampires don't think of themselves as otherkin at all preferring to stay outside of the otherkin scene.

I've never been sure about the energy deficiency question.

The theory I heard said that Vampires were humans with an energy deficiency. Not otherkin, humans.

These humans had a 'hole' in their aura or personal energy field or whatever you want to call it, and the energy they produced leaked out of this hole. This meant that they could never provide themselves with all the energy they needed naturally and so had to find ways to supplement their levels. This of course involved 'feeding' in some way or other, usually by drinking blood or 'psi' feeding from a human donor.

No-one seems to have any explanation for the hole, why it appears, why it chooses the humans it does, why it can't be fixed.. There is no definite information about any of this at all, it's just vague guess work and assumption, with nothing solid to back any of it up.

None of the people I've asked why they believe the theory about vampires being humans with an energy deficiency have been able to give me an explanation that satisfies me, and I am always left with the feeling that they believe it because there isn't a better theory.

For me the fact that no-one has come up with anything better is just not enough to make me a believer.

Idk if this might add in at all but the vampire I dated also happened to be a fallen angel and it almost seemed like the two parts went hand in hand (like maybe the vampire bit was punishment or a side effect or something).

Edit: This isn't to say that all vampires are fallen or vice versa.

~Rhannan

I don't know that that theory would fit the majority of Vampires, and I'm not sure how Vampires would feel about thinking about their condition as a punishment, but it does raise questions and questions are always good.

I do not believe in that Vampirism is a kind of punishment either. First off, what is wrong with being a fallen angel???? I have spoken to quiet a few fallen angels and they seem pretty cool unlike the "goodie" angels (met some of those too) who are generally a real pain in the backside! I prefere the fallen ones anyday!

I do not really know where to place Vampires to be honest, even though some of my closest friends are Vampires...I have let them psi feed of me, but why they need to feed this way, well the topic has never really popped up. But one thing that is for sure is that all living beings need energy to survive...may it be from vegetables, meat or blood, it all produces energy. Why Vampires need the extra addition of blood, who knows...perhaps other sources of energy like vegetables or meat simply does not work well with their body chemistry and they can use the energy of blood and psi more efficiant. And to tell you the truth...when thinking of all the crap which is in many kinds of food today, I sometimes wish that I could go for more blood and psi instead :D

As for if Vampires are Otherkin or not? Well, I prefere to leave that to The Vampires to decide...those who are awakened, they know themselves better that anyone else.

The idea that vampires are just humans with an energy deficiency seems to say they have no right to say they don't feel human inside, and yet the vampires I talk to have said that one of the things that started them looking for what they were was the fact that they didn't feel human. How could someone who is just a human with an energy deficiency feel 'not human'?

Nope, doesn't work for me.

I didn't mean that it is a punishment, just that maybe for some it could be or that they view it that way. Also I don't believe all fallen are vampires. I have met at least one fallen who is not a vampire and one who is. It's possible that it could be a side-effect of incarnating, no matter what your soul is. The vampire I met in NC was not fallen as far as I knew, but he was definitely a vampire. I don't really think it matters what your soul type is, you can still be a vampire. Not all vampires need to feed, they do just because they want to, like to. Some do and it really bothers them. I have met fallen on both sides of the board, some who are just fine and some who I'd rather stay away from, same with the non-fallen. Some are prissy know-it-alls who really do think they are holier than thou and all that, and some are perfectly cool. I have a best friend who is one. And the non-fallen can also be vampires so it's not limited. And there are different kinds of fallen from what I've learned, some just left, they weren't kicked out or anything like that. And now I'm just rambling not making any sense -_-

For what causes someone to be a vampire (not including those who feed just for kicks and don't actually need to), I wonder if perhaps there is a disconnect somewhere from when they incarnated, like something didn't line up quite right and it causes an energy leak or deficiency. Just a theory.

~Rhannan

I think the self professed human "vampires" just get a kick out of drinking blood and instead of being honest use the dodgy energy deficiency theory to explain it. The theory is quite literally full of holes.

Zygo :flame:

To be clear this is just the people who agree that vampires are humans with an energy deficiency you're talking about right?

Could you explain the holes in the theory because I'm not clear on what you mean?

What kind of kick do you think they get?

Basically they think it makes them cool. They also think it gives them power over others, especially when they know they're not really vampires but people who believe they are hang around and give them attention because they think these wanna-be people are cool and...you know how it is in the movies when someone turns out to be a vampire and then people start flocking to them and all that. Like Lestat in Queen of the Damned.

The blood thing can also be considered a fetish. Some people have a fetish for blood. For actual vampires, some are just psi, some are sanguine (they consume blood), and sometimes it seems to be a feeding preference and other times it seems like there are those who can absorb the energy better via blood intake. Which I can honestly understand. Drawing energy from an outside source, be it the elements around you or another living being, can be difficult and not everyone can do it. I had trouble for a while, and sometimes I still do.

~Rhannan

Why would they think that drinking blood make someone look cool? From what I've read most of society frowns on that sort of thing, and for the ones that don't many of them actually do it themselves, so no cool points to be gained there.

I agree that drawing energy from outside sources can be very hard at first, but like everything else, the more you do it the easier it gets. I would rather say that everyone 'can' do it, but not everyone knows how. It is a skill that can be learned by anyone who wishes to take enough time, although it is harder for some to learn than others, and not everyone will reach the same level of skill, it is not an ability that is denied to anyone with the will to learn.