Simara

Help save a unique forest!

6 posts in this topic

Yet again, some people are more focused on making money than saving a forest and hence...the future! This time a mining company from Finland wants to create a limestone mind in an ancient forest and home to quiet a few indangered spieces.

So why should a Finnish company even be allowed to mine in Sweden under any circumstances, you may ask. Well, that is what makes Scandinavia so unique. All The Scandinavien countries...even Finland which politically is regarded a Scandinavien country, but not language wise or culturally... are linked together by thousands upon thousands of years of similar culture, language, Pagan religion, politics and so on. And that is why it is seemingly okay for a mining firm from Finland to mine in Sweden. However it is never okay...no matter what...to destroy valueble, beautiful and very necessary woodlands.

So please sign now, even if you are not living in Sweden. Because as said before, we all live on one planet and what happens in Sweden will eventually have an inpact in your country too.

Sign here: http://www.avaaz.org/en/save_swedens_forests/?cizcJbb

You're right Jalyndre, your planet is my planet and what's bad for your planet is also bad for mine.

Happy to sign. :smile:

I have already signed this one Jalyndre ,

Rio Tinto zinc has a bad reputation for this kind of thing too, they mine all over the world and make for some real disaster areas when they have finished.

Definitely bad news for the environment and I hope they are stopped.

Thanks for sharing

Zygo :flame:

Thanks for signing :) This cause means really much to me. I love the woods and the more woodlands that we can save and get, the better.

I didn't need much persuading to sign this, the world needs trees. Simple as that.

I could not agree more, Shade and thanks for signing :)