AdaptOrDie

How do the stars make you feel?

16 posts in this topic

I was discussing this with some friends and the responses I got were really interesting.

When you go outside, late at night and gaze upwards into a cloudless sky teeming with stars, how do you feel?

Calm and dazzled at the same time. I often think that there is nothing more beautiful than the night sky. I cannot see the night sky from my appartment and it is way to cold here in Sweden to gaze at the nightsky during late autumm, winter and early spring. But I do go out and just look at the night sky in the summer.

Giddy, but also at peace. There are times when I want to draw the night sky into myself and reflect it back, as if I were made up of the night. There's just something alluring about the stars and the night. However being out at night I'm a little leery. There be bears in these mountains. Hungry ones lol. And for some reason I often feel...as though I'm being chased or at the very least stalked when I'm outside at night, more often in areas like where I am now which are a little remote. Happened less often in the city although it did happen sometimes. Or maybe I was less aware of it. I just always felt like there was something unfriendly in the forest near where I used to live and when I'd step outside at night alone I'd always feel like it was rushing towards me. It didn't happen where I am now at first, but lately it's started up and I'm not sure why. I'm really not very active and the land guardian here doesn't have any issues with me, she was actually pretty friendly and interested in me when I first showed up and then left me alone.

Otherwise I adore the night and looking at the stars. There's an excitement in the night, and the stars make me think of going home.

~Rhannan

Small and insignificant, but also part of something huge and important.

I look up and realise just how tiny I am and how very small my problems are in the grand scheme of things. Then I realise that the Universe would not be the same without me, and how wondrous it is to be even a small part of something so amazing.

Looking at the stars gives me perspective, on my life, and my problems and help me balance my needs for the present and my dreams for the future.

And they're soooo pretty. :smile:

I've never gotten to properly appreciate a starlit night sky in this incarnation; WAY too many artificial lights and shit. >_<

I wish I could look at a starlit sky though... In person, of course.

~Melari

Looking at the stars makes me feel like I can touch the entire universe.

Everything that is my essence, everything that makes the body I am resident in, and every piece of matter and energy around this body, has been in existence in some form since before the start of this universe and if I can just read it in the right way, and if I can just be open enough, then I can touch any part or every of the universe instantly.

Kind of a big feeling. And looking at the stars reminds me that that possibility is out there.

I have a feeling that if you hear an unexplained boom I'll have managed it.

Zygo :flame:

I feel envious that they all get to be up there together while I am down here all alone. I wish I could close my eyes and soar so high up I can touch them, be with them, be a part of it all like I used to be, before I had this great idea of becoming solid. :headbut:

I'd say I feel small and insignificant to the large universe. Unlike this young man here:

DustSpeck-771221.jpg

when i look at the stars i want to travel through them and explore

Thread Necromancy is always in season.

When I gaze up into the abyss, I feel little but Pride. Uncounted billions, still going with no end in sight, no promise of a final act, but dancing together all the same.

And some of them are young, and new, with a bright fresh light, and some are old and weary, and a few can't keep still for fear that if they stop they'll never get moving again. And some of them are gone, long gone, and the endless field of light is different without them, but no less beautiful. And they'll be missed until nobody remembers them, but they're still part of the story that nobody remains to tell.

And it's all so different, and new, but still the same as it was to begin with.

Rather like people are, in the end.

And I'm proud of them.

Wanting to get back up there and wander around, like I used to do. :/

Perhaps I should update how the stars make me feel, being that I've been through some changes.

Similar to Malik, they make me feel proud, also pleased. I look up and see a reminder of what I am and secrets to relearn. I see my children burning brightly, fading away, being reborn. I feel myself in the night sky, a part of it yet still here in this insignificant self. I feel like it's a cloak I have wrapped myself in, a blanket, a gown. I feel like it is a playground, a place to experiment, to let things sit and simmer and watch what happens. The stars make me feel more like myself because they remind me of who and what I am. I didn't understand before, but I do now, or at least I understand more than I did. They are friends and family, sons and daughters, confidants who will never share your secrets save with you when you need to be reminded. They are guardians and wise elders, they are those who came before and those who are still to come. They are above the petty concerns of what it is to be incarnated here and so can grant you objectivity when you seek it.

They are the perfectly brilliant sparks of life in the equally brilliant depths of the universe.

~Rhannan

Piercing little rays of hope in an infinite void of cold, darker shades that bring awe inspiring recollections of fear of something gargantuant, colossally larger. Something that finds the fabric of the universe itself miniscule.

It makes me... remember. Countless lives, friends and foes, conflicts, won and lost, loves, studies, and so on...

The stars fill me with a longing for travel, as I used to.   Strange as it sounds, I get a similar feeling when I'm in an airport, especially a rather busy one, like O'Hare.  I was there yesterday on the way to some job related training, and it brought forth feelings and sights of vast interstellar spaceports, with folks of every type heading off to all corners of the galaxy and perhaps beyond. 

When I look up at the stars, it makes me want to go 'home'. And I don't mean 'home' as in Earth, but something 'else where'. The stars, the universes, they always felt more like home, like I belong exploring through space and time. I always feel home sick, seeing them. Also, I think about all the beings that could be looking down at our star from miles and miles away, and I wonder if I know any of those beings. Also I wonder about the multiverse, and the infinity of existence.