Ishaan

Mawaru Penguindrum

5 posts in this topic

I love anime :)

There's this "new" series (2011) by the (crazy) guy who made my favorite tv series Revolutionary Girl Utena, a feminist, "cracked-out," action, magical girl, romantic, perverted anime about a girl who wants to be a prince and fights Satan. Yeah. I watched all of his new series, Mawaru Penguindrum in two nights.

It starts off normal enough... kind of... but then it gets incredibly disturbing and random and "cracked-out" and I cannot stop talking to people about this series. It impacted me a lot!! I don't know how o_o... exactly... but it had a huge influence on me in some way.

Ishaan

I like Japanese too, but I don't speak it, so I can't understand a word they're saying.

How do you get around that?

I think I can answer that, Darkness. =P

You see, when an anime fan wants to watch anime, but there is no dubbed (English voice-acted) version (or rather, the dubbed version cannot be watched online), then said fans watch anime that has been subtitled by other fans; fans who have a working knowledge of the Japanese language. Mind you, sometimes there are grammar mistakes in the subs, or even outright mistranslations, but for the most part, a good subbing group will (obviously) do their job well (not that they get paid).

They do it for the fans and for the love of anime! :3

~Melari