AdaptOrDie

Nephillim

60 posts in this topic

Giants conceived from a mating between certain angels and humans.

Any believers here?

LOL no!

Energy forms mating with humans, I'm not seeing that one as possible.

Zygo :flame:

Only if the mother/father was Angel kin but in a human disquise and the better half so to speak was human and both of them tall. After all Angel kin today still have children. But as for angels in white night gowns and wings flying down to earth and heading for the nearest bordello to make a baby who would be like 10 feet tall by the age of 12...nah, it will take more than just the thought to convince me.

But the subject is sure worth studying more! A myth always has a grain of truth to it...perhaps it is time to look at The Vedas or ancient Sumerian mythology.

There are many references to the Bible as well, not only mythology. But there are a lot of countries having their famous "giants"; I think that the origin might be biblic. Here is a little quote that gives strong reference to it:

QUOTE:

There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown. (Genesis 6:4)

I see this as a reference to the Nephilim. The so-called sons of God (I rather would see them as creations of god) are a reference to the Angels. Those that have been banned from heaven (so-called fallen ones) came to earth and mingled with the daughters of men and their children were giants.....the race of the Nephilim. Very famous offspring is Goliath, that have been slain by David. Also famous giants through all countries throughout the history. Mostly they appear in some kind of folk tales and mostly western countries folk tales. There is the saying about Finn McCool in Ireland and Grendel in Sweden etc.

And they are really men of reknown. The founders like Lucifer and the giants mentionned. They became legends and national heros.....in positive and negative aspects.

QUOTE:

There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown. (Genesis 6:4)

i see this quote not meaning physical giants but more just powerful people, so metaphorical giants. just my interpretation

Yes :)

I tried to save them many a time. They kept dying before I could reach them. Well, being slaughtered. Those were terrible times.

QUOTE:

i see this quote not meaning physical giants but more just powerful people, so metaphorical giants. just my interpretation

That is how I see a great many Kin who inhabit human bodies, both then and now, but that doesn't make them offspring of the fallen, that just makes them metaphorical giants. Alexander the Great, Leonardo DaVinci, Boadicea and Prince Llewellyn just to throw a few names in the thinking pot.

Yeah i wasn't implying that they where fallen offspring just that i interpreted that sentence differently :)

I don't know much about the fallen unfortunately.

I don't see how the bible definition of it could be possible.

Surely if they were in their energetic form their energy would pass straight through a solid form and if they were in solid form too they would be human and so would only make normal human offspring not a race of giants?

It might be possible for an energy wave to interact with a solid object and even in some cases completely destroy a solid object, but to create offspring with one is too much of a leap for me.

Maybe they were actual giants. Like not of human origin, but actual giants and people just got confused lol. Or maybe they had giantism?

The first point of my post is to say that I think sometimes that people forget that the bible is just a story book not a factual piece. People need to grasp the concept of fiction versus non-fiction.

The bible was written by several different people over hundreds of years and has been translated and altered so many times since then that the final product we have today would probably be unrecognisable to any of the authors.

The bottom line is that just because it's written in the bible doesn't mean it's true.

The second point is that not all story books are completely fictional. The tales from the bible, mythology and legend all began as a way of recording factual events. The problem is that since they were written they've been re-written, embellished, altered and enhanced and no-one knows now what is truth and what is a tall tale.

The bottom line here is that just because it's a story book that doesn't mean there isn't truth in there somewhere, but the trick is to find it in the middle of everything else.

My last point is to say that while the two statements above seem to contradict each other if you read more carefully they actually compliment each other.

The bottom line here is that when reading stories we have to look beyond what is written, strip away the fantasy and the impossible and try to find the truth behind the words.

The giants under discussion may have been living breathing beings, recorded in books down the centuries, each of these books has it's own explanation of these beings and how they came to be. They can't all be right, but the truth will be in one of these books somewhere, or maybe scattered through a few of them.

Since I made this post originally I have been doing some research and some thinking and I personally I don't believe that an energetic being could couple with a human being and create life. I don't think that the two different energies could combine that way. I don't doubt the existence of some kind of giant being, but I don't believe they were half angel, half human. I just don't think that's possible.

I think this particular nephelim talk is probably a way for the church to explain the none human entities that they know are out there inhabiting human bodies.

As far as I can tell they are only mentioned twice in the bible but the way they talked about can be interpeted in various ways (just as much of the bible can)

What better way to turn everyone away from a group of people than to demonise them within the religious teachings of the faith.

There are plenty enough provable incidents of the catholic church integrating old religion beliefs into the faith, in order to assimilate more church goers and this would be yet another of those (if a little less obvious than most).

Unfortunately for them I don't think it is working. We are too free thinking and too tenacious for them to ever just disappear and solve their little problem.

We are also now gaining strength because of the freedom of information passed across the internet. Everytime we post something against the church's teachings we weaken it's grip on others like us.

I do not see energy beings and physical ones mating as being possible either but describing the parents of kin entities as having non physical parents would certainly be a way to make most people understand the concept of Kin.

Incidentally Nephelim actually means reject ...yet another way of trying to undermine our, oh so worrying "giant" personalities.

I've spoken to nephilim kin yes, I see it as people possibly just limit their minds to what the world is capable of now a days rather than what it could of been way back when. possibly there were humans in other planes of existence where angels could exist in, but in my belief is that when an angel comes to this plane without a sort of "seal" on their vessel their essence leaks out, and through sexual reproduction that essence could of well went into the seed that brought forth "nephilims" there's many theories on them, but I believe in them.

I'm not a believer, because in my opinion Nephillim are a religious subject and so belief in them is limited to those who also believe in the religion that created them.

I don't think it has anything to do with people limiting themselves to what the world was and is capable of, I believe it is simply that people either choose to believe in the religion that created angels, demons, nephillim and grigori, or not.

Religion was created by human beings, it revolves around a god created by human beings, and that particular invented world is peopled by creatures invented by those same human beings. If you have no belief in God how can you possibly believe in the creatures created by the people who also created the religion that invented him?

No belief in religion, no belief in religious creatures.. Simples.

That's the thing you don't know if religion made it you're going on the general publics thought on it, they could of been adopted into the religion and and given a totally different name yet still existed

Exactly.

You use the word religion gives them and you align yourself with the religion.

If you don't want to align yourself with the religion the only way round that is to find out what they were called before religion changed it and use that word.

Got to agree with Dem's logic on this one.

People who don't want to be associated with a religion shouldn't use religious words to describe themselves it's misleading and confusing for others.

Nephillim come from the book of Enoch, a definite religious publication.

The earliest reference to Angels is the Hebrew word Malak.

Which is most often translated as Angel in English.

What it actually means is Messenger and more specifically a messenger who carries the wishes of the King, or simply The kings messenger. Referring very much to a human being

This brings the meaning of Angel/Malak back to earth with a very physical bump.

I would like you to think for a moment Dem(no I'm not insulting) what are you, vampire is that what theyre real name is? or can you find the true words? but wait? maybne your language cannot be translated to human english so you use an alternative. Demons, angels, and nephies most likely have a totally different way of speaking than any other race that speaks any english like language or otherwise. So we use the only thing we have there's no human translation of what we are to call ourselves but what man has made, just because we do does not mean we align ourselves with none of that, it means we are simply using it temporarly.

If you're only using those words temporarily but don't agree with the religion then perhaps it would be a good idea to say this somewhere or everywhere.

People who don't know you can only make an opinion from what you say and there are no other conclusions they can draw if they're not given the information they need to make a different one.

You are relying on words that people recognise in order to describe yourself, and then complaining when they make connections, but people tend to make connections it's human nature.

I understand that it's frustrating, I have similar problems myself, that's why I don't use names.

http://castleotherkin.com/forum/index.php?/topic/124-hi/

that is why we ask questions, I have met many people that ask do I associate with religion and I would explain why I do not, and that seem to have work as far as they've becoming very interested in demons and angels. I am not complaining there's a difference. I'm stating how I see it. If that's complaining than we all must complain.

Managed to scrape some time together...

#1 we are family here, not sure why we need to worry about doing research for hours to find the "original name" when likely that there are none. If you grasp the meaning of his words then the words served the purpose intended, and if you don’t... ask.

The first point of my post is to say that I think sometimes that people forget that the bible is just a story book not a factual piece. People need to grasp the concept of fiction versus non-fiction.

The bible was written by several different people over hundreds of years and has been translated and altered so many times since then that the final product we have today would probably be unrecognisable to any of the authors.

The bottom line is that just because it's written in the bible doesn't mean it's true.

The second point is that not all story books are completely fictional. The tales from the bible, mythology and legend all began as a way of recording factual events. The problem is that since they were written they've been re-written, embellished, altered and enhanced and no-one knows now what is truth and what is a tall tale.

The bottom line here is that just because it's a story book that doesn't mean there isn't truth in there somewhere, but the trick is to find it in the middle of everything else.

#2 this is true about all religion not only the bible. XD

I think this particular nephelim talk is probably a way for the church to explain the none human entities that they know are out there inhabiting human bodies.

As far as I can tell they are only mentioned twice in the bible but the way they talked about can be interpeted in various ways (just as much of the bible can)

What better way to turn everyone away from a group of people than to demonise them within the religious teachings of the faith.

There are plenty enough provable incidents of the catholic church integrating old religion beliefs into the faith, in order to assimilate more church goers and this would be yet another of those (if a little less obvious than most).

Unfortunately for them I don't think it is working. We are too free thinking and too tenacious for them to ever just disappear and solve their little problem.

We are also now gaining strength because of the freedom of information passed across the internet. Everytime we post something against the church's teachings we weaken it's grip on others like us.

I do not see energy beings and physical ones mating as being possible either but describing the parents of kin entities as having non physical parents would certainly be a way to make most people understand the concept of Kin.

Incidentally Nephelim actually means reject ...yet another way of trying to undermine our, oh so worrying "giant" personalities.

#3 Kind of have to mention that there will always be an overbearing religion, it’s a part of human nature to want to be a part of something larger to give meaning to their lives. Christianity isn’t that bad of a "super religion", it’s not forming crusades to go kill people anymore... kinda outgrew that stage. Before you go off on that remember that pretty much happened for every large religion.

Sorry felt the need to step on the other side of the fence for fairness on this... right into the anti-christianity flowerpot... XD

Drake

no need to appologise, the residents here are understandably just a little reserved when it comes to religions as I'm sure we have all been persecuted by them at one point in time or another, so it is a topic that can cause a bit of a stir. the words demons, angels and nephilim, have been used before we do not have to identify them with religion, I know the masses do but we are not the masses.

Don't worry Zepar, we love to debate here no one is having a go at you, they are simply stating there point of view as well. don't take it to heart

Yah know, the first time I ever even heard of the Nephillim was in Darksiders II, and in that one they were a race trying to take earthrealm for themselves. The thing that stopped them were the four horsemen, who had once been Nephillim themselves. I don't know if this is the real story, but it does seem like the creators of Darksiders did their research when they created the games.

On the topic of the bible, I agree with AdaptorDie in the fact that thanks to all the rewrites that have been done to make the church seem like all that and a bag of chips, rather than the original word of the lord, has turned the bible from a document to a fiction novel.

If yah actually take a step back and look at all religions, rather than just viewing as the Christians face of religion, a great deal of them have the same kind of stories and similar beliefs. In fact, it's through these similarities - most often caused by one culture adopting another's beliefs - that I have been figuring out that allot of the wars of religion were fought in the name of the same guy on both sides. My meaning, Zeus is Jupiter is Thor is Jesus is Muhammad. Do the math, when you look at it from a non-zealot perspective the answer is just that.

. Christianity isn’t that bad of a "super religion", it’s not forming crusades to go kill people anymore... kinda outgrew that stage. Before you go off on that remember that pretty much happened for every large religion.

I think in a way they still do go crusading, the situation has changed and terrorists are often the new saracens but they're still quite happy to go gallivanting across the globe telling others what to do.

The terrorists are apparently on a crusade all of their own too since anyone who uses the word jihad is in a religious war.

I'm not saying that stopping terrorism is a bad thing, just drawing a comparison.

I think if it were just about the name people use for their deity it would be a lot easier for them to realise that they are all pretty much the same thing, unfortunately its more about the way people write about their deity and the way they think they have to live to please it.

That's where the arguments get really hot, and foolish people start very foolish wars.