Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Demovora Cain

Crazy weather

14 posts in this topic

I enjoy warm weather and sunshine, (I know unusual in a Vampire), but I don't enjoy it at this time of year, it's just wrong.

I've heard about the solar flares and there's always our old friend climate change, but this seems like so much more.

So many people are celebrating this freaky weather and I feel like a party pooper for not joining in, but I am worried and the feeling just won't go away.

Anyone else peeing on the party goer's bonfires or is it just me?

I'm joining the party-goers and celebrating myself but I do agree that it feels like something is up. I don't usually get the feeling that anything is up or wrong or anything like that, but I got it a few months ago and it's only gotten stronger instead of going away. No idea what it is but my feeling tells me that we'll find out soon. In the meantime, as I work in the outside section of a home improvement store, I will take the warm weather so I don't freeze my butt or my fingers off.

I agree with both of you, I love the warm weather. and the feelings I have been getting is that there is a change coming in what form i'm not sure.

but there will be a change.

I was never really a party-goer, Dem so pee away.

littlemoon

Oddly I woke up this morning feeling that something is going on today. I'm not sure what but something feels different today. Maybe it's just related to me though. Had some weird dreams last night that I'm still sorting through but something definitely feels off/different about today, like something has changed or is changing. But it could just be related to something in my life as I've been putting in the effort to get more in touch with other portions of my self and come to terms with a few inner conflicts.

And, Dem, you can pee on the bonfires all you want, just so long as you don't put them out. How else am I going to make s'mores? :D

~Rhannan

I think Mother Nature has decided to pee on the bonfirs herself. It was cold and cloudy today and there was a rain/snow mix on the way home tonight from work. It's still wobbling between 30s and 50s during the day for now. It's still crazy weather though.

~Rhannan

I don't like this warm weather. I am used to cold and rain this time of year. It's annoying and wrong :/ but that is just my opinion :P

I'd just like to say that I was the first one to mention on the forum the wrongness and unnaturalness of the weather (I've been too worried about it to properly enjoy it, to be honest). I've been feeling it for a while. Rhannan can back me up on this. :lol:

In any case, on a more serious note, I honestly do agree though that something is SERIOUSLY up. I don't know WHAT, but it's SOMETHING...

By the way, Rhannan, odd coincedence, but the 28th is the day my grandmother died last December, on a Wednesday too!

~Melari

P.S: Oh, you finally got a job, Rhannan?! Congrats!!! =D *hugs*

Well, here is Scandinavia the weather has been normal early spring weather all last week...some days cold and some days warm with the odd hail storm. Nothing unusual there. But what exactly are you all sensing when it comes to this/these things that are different and this change? I am sensing something too, but cannot really figure out what it is. It does not make me feel worried one bit though.

I don't remember reading your post about the weather Melari. If I had I would have added my comments to your thread. Where did you put it?

Jalyndre, I think partly my worries are about how unnatural it is to have this freaky weather.

For example last week in Scotland people were walking on the beach eating ice-cream, this week they're wrapped up warm against a huge snow storm. That cannot be normal.

I know that mother nature has brought ice ages before and I know they do just happen naturally, but these changes seem to be happening too fast. As carbon based lifeforms we need time to adapt to new climates and conditions and we aren't getting it. It's going to catch all creatures unprepared and we're going to suffer for it.

I believe it's the change that I'm sensing, like some animals can smell rain coming, that kind of thing. Change is coming and it's going to be huge.

I don't think it will mean the end of the world, the planet will go on, tides will turn and new seasons will come and go, but life as we know it right now will alter, drastically for many of us. This always means trouble and I'm worried.

Okay, I was unaware off that the weather was this drastíc. Here in Scandinavia it is the same as every early spring...some days are mild and others are cold, nothing new there. I have not goi the time to search for much news online these days.

Oh and about a next ice age...I agree, it is not a question of if but of when! And the change must not happen to quickly or we will all by sorry. But can anyone sense any time perspective on this change? I have got a funny feeling about July month.

Yup, mass panic and there is a risk that this might happen is always dangerous.

@Dem

I THINK I mentioned the insane weather somewhere on the Celestial languages thread, but I'm NOT sure... I know I've posted about it SOMEWHERE here though. XD

@Jalyndre

I would mention what Rhannan's told me, but I don't feel it's my place. She can speak for herself. Well, I guess I'll mention at least that the general consensus—from what I know—seems to be mid August; I only mention it because I'm also getting a pretty funny feeling about August. I think somewhere around August 17th is where it seems REALLY odd to me... Not NECESSARILY that exact date, but perhaps the days surrounding it...

Honestly, I don't think it's an ICE AGE that we have to worry about, but perhaps something far more immediate and quicker, but at the same time far worse in terms of long-term consequences...

Ice Ages are natural, yes, but to my knowledge, they're usually the result of the sun being blocked out by the ashes and soot from some sort of major natural disaster like a beyond-enormous volcanic eruption or an enormous meteor. And with those two things, the change is—yes—sudden, but it brings about mass extinction and it... well, Ice Ages just don't HAPPEN like this... with severely abrupt and unpredictable weather patterns!

I don't know WHAT'S going to happen, but I can't shake the feeling that it's something MUCH bigger than an Ice Age, something that we're INCREDIBLY likely to never expect until it happens, and it's DEFINITELY (at least that's what I think) going to be something that humans are going to never even IMAGINE being possible and is going to have scientists working themselves to death trying to figure out how in the hell it happened.

~Melari

Well, at least it is good to be have the chance to make the necessary preparations to survive through what ever may happen. I shall certainly be stocking up on things such as candles, batteries etc.

Still the thought of a bunch of know-it-all scientists and their followers aka. die hard skeptics running around like a bunch of headless chickens not knowing what the hell happened and how to explain...well, that has to make you at least smile :cool-smiley-006:

I'm planning to learn all the survival skills I can, but I want to do it the old fashioned way.

I don't want to learn how to open tins with a knife or how to reconstitute travel bags of dessicated food.

I want to learn things like how to craft my own shelter from branches and soil and make tallow candles from rendered animal fat. Things like that.

The main problem with batteries is that as they get old they lose charge even if you don't use them. I think tallow candles will be a great way to light dwellings and if you're hunting and killing your own food then you will have fat to use for candles.

Sounds great Adapt, but tell me one thing, please: Why do you thinking about candles when it comes to survival? What about a nice fire with dry branches? It will give you warmth, it will cook your meal, it will give you light and it will scare wild animals away. Of course you should light the fire the "old way". I just learned it either by clashing two stones together to initiate a spark or to by ribing timber.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0