Velvet Darkness

Grimm

17 posts in this topic

Is anyone else here watching the new TV series Grimm?

I'm enjoying it very much. I was never very keen on Grimm's fairy tales, but this new twist to them makes them much more appealing to me.

I have not seen it as of yet but i have heard good things about it.

I like the tag line on the series "Remember the fairy tales your parents used to tell you before bedtime? Well, those weren't stories, they were warnings."

and I like the fact that the grimms are not out to destroy all the "others" they were only ever after stopping the bad ones.

Zygo :flame:

Yessssss I watch it! I'm watching it right now XD But I thought it was supposed to be a new episode tonight, not a rerun.

I agree with you, Zygo, it's nice to see that they're out to stop the bad ones and not just go off and kill everyone.

I like Once Upon a Time as well, and I'm pretty excited about the episode this Sunday. It also has a nice spin on some of the old fairytales, although admittedly I like all the stories that don't have anything to do with Snow White and Charming lol.

~Rhannan

I'm watching Grimm, but I don't think we get Once Upon A Time yet do we?

I'm recording Grimm because I'm always at work when it's on, it's very interesting, but it hasn't grabbed my attention. I enjoy watching it but it's not one of those series where I could watch the episodes over and over. Maybe it would be different if I was watching it in the dark with the lights off instead of at 11am while I'm eating cornflakes and wishing I had a Starbucks.

Is anyone else excited that tonight is the first new episode of Grimm?! XD Unfortunately I missed the season finale so I only know what's going on from the little bits of recap in the show but it's exciting lol.

~Rhannan

I just now saw a preview for it this week. I was like omg! I wish id have watched that from the beginning. Too late now :(

Aww. You may still be able to watch it from the beginning, just have to watch it online.

~Rhannan

What channel is it on?

I have a horrible feeling we're not going to get that yet in the UK, and I really love this programme.

It's on um....well DirecTV channel 28 here in the states. I'm not sure what network that is off the top of my head.

~Rhannan

Grimm is one of my favourite programmes.

I like that it doesn't always show the Wesen (pronounced vessen), who are the Were/Therian creatures in the programme, as the bad guys, and it doesn't always show humans as the innocent victims of inhuman creatures. It clearly shows that there are good and bad on both sides, That's still quite rare for a supernatural programme.

I'm watching the second series of Grimm now. I loved the first series, but so far the new stories are not as good. Sticking it out, hoping it gets better.

We haven't watched any of the second series yet (its on the sky box waiting ) but I am looking forward to it.

Zygo :flame:

I'm not keen on the appearance if his 'dead' mother. She's making the programme very different and it's taking some getting used to.

But for everything that spoils it, there's Monroe. :smile:

I haven't been able to watch it since the first couple episodes. I started working and if I had work the next day I had to get to bed early, before the show came on, and then it was off for a couple weeks and by then I had stopped caring to watch it for now lol. Do like Monroe though.

~Rhannan

No AdaptOrDie, I don't think so.

In fact I wish I hadn't seen the first series, then this second one might seem better than it does.

It's still good, I just don't think it's as good as the first series.